Castillo Music Studio 2017-18 Policies (revised 9/2018)
1. Lessons - Student will receive 30 minute lessons
weekly, January - December, following the studio calendar.
2. Start-up Fees – The Start-up Registration
Fee is $50 and is used for preparation, supplies and administrative work and is non-refundable. This fee is applicable for
new and returning students who drop lessons for a period of time starting at a later date and may also be used to reserve
time-slot one month in advance.
3. Tuition - Monthly Tuition is $115 for a ½ hour lesson
each week. Cash and bill-pay or personal checks payable to Castillo Music Studio are accepted. Monthly tuition is due the
first lesson of the month regardless of attendance (no later than the 10th). The late fee is $15 and will be applied to the
next month's tuition. Students who have not paid by the 10th of the month may be dropped from lessons thus opening the
time-slot to the waiting list. Tuition will be $120 as of January 1, 2019,
4. NSF checks - Returned
check fee is $25 plus late fee, $15, with payment in cash.
5. Make-ups - There are no make-up lessons. As
there are several 4 and 5 week months there are occasional “extra” lessons. If the student maintains good attendance,
consider the longer months having "free" lessons. If one lesson is missed, they can get “make-up” lessons
with the longer months. Monthly tuition will not be reduced due to missed lessons. So, students are rewarded with those “extra”
lessons with good attendance.
6. Termination - A 30-day written notice IS REQUIRED to terminate lessons anytime
of the year including after performances and summer months in order to avoid paying one-month tuition and provide adequate
time for the studio to fill the time-slot. If notice is given less than 30-days, the one month tuition is STILL REQUIRED by
the due date. Students who miss consistently for a brief period of time (i.e. sports, dance, church activities or summer session)
may pay full tuition to save their time slot. If the student terminates or “drops out” for some time, the slot
will not be held.
7. Teacher Cancellation - We will provide make-ups for any lessons that we cancel.
We will contact you for a make-up lesson. If the student misses the make-up, we will not be able to reschedule.
8. Summer Vacations - During the summer, we DO offer limited make-up lessons for missed lessons due to summer
vacations, camps, etc.
9. Annual Performance and Activity Fee - Students are required to participate in two
performances during the year, April and December, as performance is one of our most important goals and measurement of
musical growth. The Annual Performance and Activity Fee required for all students, regardless of start date, is $75 in three-payment
installment plan of $25/month, September-November. New students joining before or after the Sept. – Nov. period will
pay the fee in full at their first lesson. This fee is non-refundable.
____I choose the three-payment installment of $25/month, Sept.,
Oct., & Nov.
____I choose to pay $75 in September.
10. Practicing - Students are required to practice 20-30 minutes, beginners, and 30-60 minutes, intermediate and
advanced, at least 5 days per week for maintaining and building musical skill, bring required material, and document practice
times. We encourage parents to promote these practice behaviors with students in order to obtain the most out of your music
11. Absence – Consistent attendance is greatly encouraged. However, please
call or text (512) 310-7497 or (512) 627-6798 at least 24 hours prior to absence. A $10 fee will apply
for absences not communicated at least 24 hours in advance or no-shows. In case of illness, please follow
the schools’ rule of 24-hours fever-free. If your child missed school for illness the day of their
lesson, please DO NOT send them to the studio.
12. Studio Events - 2018-2019 Calendar of Events –See
this on the website or as e-mail attachment and check regularly for updates.
I have read, signed and have copy of 2018-19
13. Student Photography Permission
- We take photos of events and our students integrating them into our studio website. Student's full name will not be
published on site. Please let us know in writing your approval or non-approval of publishing your student’s photos on
I approve/do not approve the publishing of my student’s photos on the Castillo Music Studio website.
And, I have read and will abide by the Castillo Music Studio Policies
2018-19 (copies on website/e-mail)