Castillo Music Studio 2017-18 Policies (revised 9/2017)
1. Lessons - Student will receive 30 minute lessons
weekly, January - December, following the studio calendar.
2. Start-up Fees – The Start-up Registration
Fee is $50 and is used for preparation, supplies and administrative work and is non-refundable. This fee is applicable for
new and returning students who drop lessons for a period of time starting at a later date and may also be used to reserve
time-slot one month in advance.
3. Tuition - Monthly Tuition is $115 for a ½ hour lesson
each week. Cash and bill-pay or personal checks payable to Castillo Music Studio are accepted. Monthly tuition is due the
first lesson of the month regardless of attendance (no later than the 10th). The late fee is $15 and will be applied to the
next month's tuition. Students who have not paid by the 10th of the month may be dropped from lessons thus opening the
time-slot to the waiting list.
4. NSF checks - Returned check fee is $25 plus late fee, $15, with payment in
5. Make-ups - There are no make-up lessons. As there are several 4 and 5 week months there
are occasional “extra” lessons. If the student maintains good attendance, consider the longer months having "free"
lessons. If one lesson is missed, they can get “make-up” lessons with the longer months. Monthly tuition will
not be reduced due to missed lessons. So, students are rewarded with those “extra” lessons with good attendance.
6. Termination - A 30-day written notice IS REQUIRED to terminate lessons anytime of the year including
after performances and summer months in order to avoid paying one-month tuition and provide adequate time for the studio to
fill the time-slot. If notice is given less than 30-days, the one month tuition is STILL REQUIRED by the due date. Students
who miss consistently for a brief period of time (i.e. sports, dance, church activities or summer session) may pay full tuition
to save their time slot. If the student terminates or “drops out” for some time, the slot will not be held.
7. Teacher Cancellation - We will provide make-ups for any lessons that we cancel. We will contact you for a make-up
lesson. If the student misses the make-up, we will not be able to reschedule.
8. Summer Vacations - During
the summer, we DO offer limited make-up lessons for missed lessons due to summer vacations, camps, etc.
Performance and Activity Fee - Students are required to participate in two performances during the year, April and
December, as performance is one of our most important goals and measurement of musical growth. The Annual Performance and
Activity Fee required for all students, regardless of start date, is $75 in three-payment installment plan of $25/month, September-November.
New students joining before or after the Sept. – Nov. period will pay the fee in full at their first lesson. This fee
____I choose the three-payment installment of $25/month, Sept., Oct., & Nov.
choose to pay $75 in September.
10. Practicing - Students
are required to practice 20-30 minutes, beginners, and 30-60 minutes, intermediate and advanced, at least 5 days per week
for maintaining and building musical skill, bring required material, and document practice times. We encourage parents to
promote these practice behaviors with students in order to obtain the most out of your music education investment.
11. Absence – Consistent attendance is greatly encouraged. However, please call or text (512) 310-7497 or
(512) 627-6798 at least 24 hours prior to absence. A $10 fee will apply for absences not communicated at
least 24 hours in advance or no-shows. In case of illness, please follow the schools’ rule of 24-hours
fever-free. If your child missed school for illness the day of their lesson, please DO NOT send them to
12. Studio Events - 2017-2018 Calendar of Events –See this on the website or as e-mail
attachment and check regularly for updates.
I have read, signed and have copy of 2017-18 Studio Calendar
13. Student Photography Permission - We take photos of events and our students
integrating them into our studio website. Student's full name will not be published on site. Please let us know in writing
your approval or non-approval of publishing your student’s photos on our website.
I approve/do not approve
the publishing of my student’s photos on the Castillo Music Studio website.
I have read and will abide by the Castillo Music Studio Policies 2017-18 (copies on website/e-mail)